anti-dap

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Nasha says no wish to join Umno

Nasharudin Mat Isa said today he would not resign from PAS despite mounting pressure from within the party over his criticisms of Pakatan Rakyat (PR) ally DAP and for continuing to rub shoulders with Umno leaders.

The former PAS deputy president said his recent meeting with Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak in Mecca recently was "non-partisan."

"I was invited by Saudi clerics. The clerics are my friends and they requested if I could arrange a meeting with the prime minister. After the prime minister agreed, I was invited on a special visa to attend the meeting," he said.

"We discussed the crisis in Syria and Rohingya," he said.

"After the meeting, people are suddenly saying I will join Umno. I have never had any intention to join Umno. I just consider them my Muslim brothers."

0 comments: